Carlo is Italian, age 54, married with two children.
He is with Nestlé since 1991 and has a deep and extensive knowledge of Nestlé’s operations around the world with specific focus on water resources. In his capacity, he is key actor in transforming and redefining the water stewardship strategy and program at Nestlé, inspires and guides Nestlé’s management at Corporate and Market level in its implementation.
He elaborates the Corporate water stewardship strategy and ensure the adoption of best practices within all Nestlé Operations (e.g.: ~500 manufacturing facilities and agriculture supply chain) aimed at minimizing the threats related to long term water availability, ensuring good relationships and collaboration with international and local stakeholders, and deploying local water initiatives aligned with the “Nestle in Society – Creating Shared Value” framework.
Main competencies and skills are in both the technical and stakeholder engagement’s aspects of water resources exploration, management and conservation.
- Steering Committee Member at “CEO Water Mandate”
- Member of the “International Standard Development Committee” (ISDC) and Technical Committee at the “Alliance for Water Stewardship” (AWS)
- Chair of the “Water & Agriculture” Committee at the “Sustainable Agriculture Initiative” (SAI)
- Co-Chair of WASH Pledge initiative at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Advisor to “The Water Network”